The installer participated in a training session offered by UPM ProFi and learned about a new product - UPM ProFi Piazza. This latest addition to the UPM ProFi range has several advantages compared to other materials.
- Aesthetics is the key point. The surface of the board looks beautiful, it imitates wood but is easier to maintain. Thanks to the closed surface, it has good stain resistance and even tolerates sunlight, tells Jérôme Bouquillon.
The light grey decking used is called Silver Teak which gives a contemporary look to the back yard and its surroundings.
In addition to the design and performance of this new deck board the feeling underfoot is pleasant when walking on the boards. No splinters or scratches to bare feet.
Advices to other installers
- Do the training to discover the tips for installations and to prevent large expansion gaps
- It's as easy to install as traditional wood decking but much easier to maintain.
High-quality product with 25 year guarantee
Wood plastic composite (WPC) initially suffered from poor technical performance when first introduced to the market more than 10 years ago, but now the quality of the better products are much improved.
- I had heard bad things about WPC, such as colour fading in sunshine, and breaking boards when some items fall on the decking. After the training done by UPM, I was convinced of the UPM ProFi product quality, says Mr. Bouquillon.
In the market, there are still variation depending upon the product. UPM are pleased to give a 25 year guarantee to UPM ProFi Piazza for stain resistance and colour durability. The decking board are manufactured in Germany.
- Product and colour: UPM ProFi Piazza Silver Teak
- Size of the decking: 80 m2
- Orientation: South
- Location: St Symphorien d’Ozon, 2O km South Lyon in France
- Professional installer: Jérôme Bouquillon, company 2JLM